How long are the trips?
– On sailboats, given it’s speed, any minimum excursion needs 8h. Usually from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., both departure and arrival are usually not accurate and are agreed previously with the captain.
– These are the minimum excursion times, from this point, you can extend hours by paying a supplement or make trips of several days simply by multiplying the daily cost for the desired days.
What is included in the price?
In all cases it includes:
– Rental of the boat during the established time
– Deposit in case of carrying captain
– Ship insurance
– Liability insurance
– Navigation and anchoring permits (including the Cíes Islands ones, which must be confirmed when formalizing the rental)
– Final cleaning
– All Fuels (diesel, dinghy fuel, cooking gas …) only on sailing boats.
– Auxiliary boat to make landings on the beaches.
– In most cases it includes auxiliary boat engine, but not all, confirm before rent.
– All the safety elements required by the Law, including vests (If minors come, the captain must be informed when hiring so he has the appropriate vests for his age)
What does not include the price?
– Foods or drinks for the crew and the captain. Clients can bring their own provisions. The boats have fridge and stoves to be use.
– Provisioning service (purchase and transport of food or drinks), whatever you need, you can bring, but it is not the function of the company or the captain to do so.
– Entertainment material, in long crossings it is usual to bring games, cards, inflatables, masks and fins … this material can be brought by the clients, since the boats do not have it.
What extra expenses can I have?
– On sailboats, it is final price.
– On both cases food and drinks onboard or outside.
Captain yes or Captain no?
What does the Captain contribute?
Captain’s function is to manage the boat, this entails:
– Check that this is in perfect condition for the client and the journey to be made.
– Execute the navigation maneuvers.
– Knowledge of low seas and tides
– Meteorological situation analysis
– Explain the use of the boat to improve your enjoyment.
– Be responsible for safety on board the entire crew.
It’s not Captain’s function:
– Be a professional instructor or guide. (In any case, the conversations related to the operation of the vessel or the region are merely informal.)
– Being a cooker.
– Being a waiter.
– Clean during the crossing
– Take care of food logistics.
Where is the boarding port?
Is there parking at the port?
Formalization of the contract?
Alterations in the boat?
– If the reason for cancellation were due to extreme weather conditions, the day of the excursion will be changed to another one available.
– The rentals are transferable, so if could not be enjoyable, it could be transfered to another holder of your choice.